P.O.W. For Your Organization
P.O.W. Onsite Programs
The P.O.W. program is suitable and adaptable for nonprofit and government organizations serving veterans and active military. On-site programs are currently available only in the San Diego region.
By including P.O.W. as an on-site program option, your organization will:
- Engage both male and female veterans and active military seeking health and lifestyle improvements
- Reduce stress among veterans and active military (and correspondingly, among families of veterans and active military)
- Provide a new and lasting method for veterans and active military to connect with peers
- Establish a bridge program to mental health services
- Enable veterans and active military to identify needs and connect with regional veteran and military-serving resources accordingly
- Increase its brand appeal and relevancy among post 9-11 veterans
- Capitalize on P.O.W.’s social media connections and expertise connecting with veterans and active military
- Experience an increase in positive media attention as a result of P.O.W.’s relationships with regional, national and international media
- Reduce healthcare costs over the long-term
Components of the P.O.W. on-site program include:
- P.O.W.’s MMA-style training includes MMA techniques, drills and sparring. This challenging and rewarding cardio workout incorporates coping skills and boosts self-confidence.
- P.O.W. Yoga is a customized yoga practice based on Ashtanga yoga, provides improved fitness, flexibility training as well as a positive, calming effect.
- P.O.W. Fitness is a low–impact regimen which combines calisthenics, muscle memory drills and shadow boxing. Breathing techniques and coping skills are taught throughout.
- P.O.W. coaches build peer-to-peer support into each and every MMA-style training, yoga and fitness session. P.O.W.’s unique and effective peer-to-peer support system reinforces the training of the host facilities’ onsite staff and is designed to support the individual beyond the on-site environment. The P.O.W peer-to-peer support system includes exclusive access to the P.O.W. Facebook page which provides a place to exchanges resources, job opportunities as well as requests for help and support. Access to the P.O.W Facebook page is limited to P.O.W participants and alumni.
The P.O.W. Program can be fully customized to meet the unique needs of your organization. Some options include:
- P.O.W.’s MMA-style training component only
- P.O.W. Yoga component only
- Any combination of components
For more information, including on-site program costs, please contact:
Phone: (858) 449-9045